Last Sunday afternoon instead of our regular movie or family day out we planned for something different. Hmm… where? I want to go some place more romantic, art, music, comfortable, not so crowded and not too far from our home because driving is tiring.
It was a busy week so on the weekend I need to relax, find my inner peace back and induce some inspirations. So off we go the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO) at Dewan Filharmonik Petronas, KLCC.
That day we went for the afternoon concert; Tchaikovsky’s Firth Symphony No.5 in E minor conducted by Antoni Wit and Mikhail Simonyan on violin. I closed my eye, start to feel and imagine let the sound of music takes me away. Well, feels like I was sailed to Vienna in my dream and imagination… muahaha.
One of the most highly regarded Polish conductors, Antoni Wit is General and Artistic Director of Warsaw Philharmonic and a champion of Polish Music.
Young and talented Russian violinist Mikhail Simonyan is recognized as one of the most celebrated talents of his generation. It was an afternoon of lush romanticism, memorable themes and dazzling orchestration.
Ticketing counter is on the ground floor and the orchestra hall is on the first floor. The ticket for our performance starts from RM50, RM70, RM100 and RM130. Seriously, I can’t imagine enjoying all these luxury ambience, top of the notch sound system and world class renowned performance.
Some of the performances are like RM30 or RM20 it depends. Usually the evening session is more expensive. What can I say more… you should at least experience it once.
During the interval break, I managed to chat with a couple who sat next us. The lady, Ashley is a Malaysian she is almost 5 month pregnant now, this is her first pregnancy so she is very nervous. She and her husband love to go to MPO every alternate week since her pregnancy. She finds that listening to classical music helps to soothe the baby and activate the baby’s brain perhaps the baby would be a music fan later in life. It also makes her feel calmer and it’s a good pregnancy stress relieve. Wow! Good tips! So pregnant ladies you have double reasons to go to MPO.
There are some Social Etiquette, Guilines, Do’s and Don’ts when attending performances at the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra, Dewan Philharmonik Petronas KLCC.
1. Follow the dress code please check is smart casual or formal. Strictly no jeans, denim, shorts, collarless t-shirt, singlet, slippers, sneakers, sport shoes and sport attire.
2. Be punctual or at least 15 minute earlier the performance will start on time
3. Shut down your handphone, do not talk or makes any loud noise when you are in the hall
4. Do not go out or stand up when the performance is going on
5. Do not take pictures or do any recording inside the orchestra hall
6. There will be 20 minutes interval. During the interval you can go to the washroom, grab a coffee, drink or snack or have a chat. There is food and beverages available outside the hall for you to purchase.
7. To know more about the performances you can purchase the programme book
For more information and upcoming performances Malaysian Philharmonic check out the http://www.mpo.com.my or call 03-2051 7007.