How Can I Use Electricity Safety At Home?

Electricity has a lot of benefits in our lives. Life can be very hard without electricity. This is because we use it in many activities which includes, cooking, lighting, charging our phones and computers and washing among others. But, if not properly handled electricity can be very dangerous. It can lead to fire, electric shock, or electrocution. So, it is important to handle it with care especially in our homesThe following are some of the ways to use electricity safely at home.

1. Avoid mixing liquids and electricity

Water is a good conductor of electricity. It will be a high risk if the two are put together. For instance if a naked electric wire accidentally gets in water, the water will be electrified. This is very dangerous to everyone including the kids. Touching that water can lead to electrocution. In case any mishap or short circuit you can contact Emergency Electrician Central Coast.

2. Avoid overloading sockets

Overloading a socket can cause overheating which is very dangerous. Overheating can in turn lead to electricity fire which will then result to loss of both lives and properties. Overloading the socket can also cause circuit breakage. To be safe, avoid plugging too many appliances than the specified on one socket and inspect regularly by any certified 24 hour electricians.

3. Be careful around high voltage devices

When using high voltage devices like iron box, dryers, washing machine, and old fashioned television, a lot of care is required. These devices with high voltage are known to produce more electric currents that can lead to electrocution if not properly handled. Visit for more information.

4. Turn off electric appliances when not in use

When going to job or going to sleep always ensure all the electric appliances that are not in use are switched off. This includes, sockets, TV, radio and others. If left operating, they might cause overheating which might lead to an accident.

5. Avoid damaged cords

Always ensure that the plastic covering electric wires is not frayed. A damaged cord can cause electric shock if touched on bare hands. For this reason, it is advisable to check the state of the cords. If they are damaged you can replace them with new ones or get fixed wire testing in Manchester for safety purposes.

6. Avoid touching electric devices with wet hands

When dealing with electric devices your hands MUST be dry. This includes turning the socket on or off, TV, Radio, fridge and any other electric device. This is because water is a conductor. When you touch these devices with wet hands you might be shocked or electrocuted. Also ensure that kids do not enter inside the house with wet clothes or wet hands.

7. Never allow electric wires to run in invisible places

Electric wires and leads should instead run in visible places. When the wires run on invisible places like under the carpet, you might not be able to see the cords. The plastic covering the wire might get damaged without your information. This might cause electric shocks especially when cleaning the carpet.

8. Avoid taking major electrical appliances to the bathroom

The bathroom may contain a lot of water. Since water is a conductor, it is better not to take any electric devices to the bathroom. This involves, dryer or hair straightener. Instead you should have a separate room to keep these devices.

The above are some of the ways to use electricity safely at home. They will help you overcome any accident that might be caused by electricity. Also one must be very careful when handling electric equipment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave a Comment to show some Love ~ Thanks